Scm-manager use with docker on arm/v8

Hello – I would love to use scm-manager on my raspberry pi via docker. But I get the error message: no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries. Is there a way to make the scm-manager image installable for arm/v8 or do I have to rebuild my installation of raspberryOS to 32bit in general?
Setup: raspberry 4, Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) – arm64/aarch64.
Thanks for any advice.

Hi @esszett ,

welcome to our community.

I am sorry, but there is no support for ARM32bit. We only support the 64bit variant of ARM.

Hi @christoph.loose - the 64bit variant is what I’m looking for… and what I tried already with no success.
I’m using portainer, my attempt to pull scmmanager/scm-manager:latest from docker hub leads still to:
Failure no matching manifest for linux/arm/v8 in the manifest list entries
Is there a way to add arm/v8 to the manifest?

Hi @esszett , I’m not sure about your architecture. As far as I know your architecture should be linux/arm64/v8. Can you please check this with getconf LONG_BIT? This should return a 64. If this is the case, we have to check our architecture tags, if you get a 32, you probaly have to verify your installation (you can install a 32 bit linux on a Raspi 4, too).
Thanks, René

Hi @pfeuffer, thank you for your note. In fact I’m confused, I get:

$ getconf LONG_BIT
$ uname -m
aarch64

… does that mean my raspi 4 is running at 32bit? I have installed Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) – arm64/aarch64. Sorry, I’m new to that linux universe…

For me this indeed looks like you’re running on 32 bits, only. In dark corners of my memory it took a while, until raspbian (or Raspberry Pi OS) was available for 64 bits, and still you have to choose it explicitly, for example here. The downloads tagged with “All Raspberry Pi models” are 32 bit.

Maybe you could just give it a try, take another SD card, flush the 64 bit version and try it with this one once more. I’d love to hear about the results (I’m also not that sure about all this). And (while I’m at this), I’d also love to hear about the experience you’ll get running it on a Pi :wink:

Hi @pfeuffer – I must have been on the wrong track – I misinterpreted uname’s output. In fact, my installation ran under 32bit.
After your tip I have installed a new RaspiOS, 64bit. Now everything works as planned, I was able to get the scm-manager image running in a docker container.
Thanks a lot for the tips!

2 Likes