Installation problem on Windows 7

I downloaded SCM 2.33.0 on Windows 7 x64.
Using OpenJDK v11 x64
My scm-server.xml has following lines

<env name="JAVA_HOME" value="C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.15.10-hotspot" />
  <!--
  Uncomment the line below and insert a path,
  if you want to change the location of your SCM-Manager home directory.
  -->
  <env name="SCM_HOME" value="C:\SCM-Server" />
  <executable>%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java</executable>

When running with install parameter, I receive below errors (I confirm that .NET v4 is installed in my system)

C:\scm-server>scm-server.exe install
2022-05-05 21:12:55,403 FATAL - Unhandled exception System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The native library 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\wminet_utils.dll' does not have all required functions. Please, update the .NET Framework.
   at System.Management.WmiNetUtilsHelper.<>c__DisplayClass104_0.<LoadPlatformNotSupportedDelegates>b__39(Int32 _, IntPtr __, APTTYPE& ___)
   at System.Management.MTAHelper.IsNoContextMTA()
   at System.Management.MTAHelper.CreateInMTA(Type type)
   at System.Management.ManagementPath.CreateWbemPath(String path)
   at System.Management.ManagementPath..ctor(String path)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope..ctor(String path, ConnectionOptions options)
   at WMI.WmiRoot..ctor()
   at WinSW.Program.Run(String[] argsArray, IWinSWConfiguration descriptor)
   at WinSW.Program.Main(String[] args) System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The native library 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\wminet_utils.dll' does not have all required functions. Please, update the .NET Framework.
   at System.Management.WmiNetUtilsHelper.<>c__DisplayClass104_0.<LoadPlatformNotSupportedDelegates>b__39(Int32 _, IntPtr __, APTTYPE& ___)
   at System.Management.MTAHelper.IsNoContextMTA()
   at System.Management.MTAHelper.CreateInMTA(Type type)
   at System.Management.ManagementPath.CreateWbemPath(String path)
   at System.Management.ManagementPath..ctor(String path)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope..ctor(String path, ConnectionOptions options)
   at WMI.WmiRoot..ctor()
   at WinSW.Program.Run(String[] argsArray, IWinSWConfiguration descriptor)
   at WinSW.Program.Main(String[] args)

I could not find any “system requirements” document so I have no idea if there is any part of my system that is not supported.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi @ertank ,

I’m walking on very thin ice here, but judging by you log you have .NET 4.0 installed (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319). For Windows 7, version 4.7.1 should be available (at least for SP1). In regards to another similar error I found the hint, that this might be the reason for your error (c# - net core: ManagementObjectSearcher throws exception on initializing - Stack Overflow).

Maybe you can check again (be sure to run at least the latest service pack for Windows 7).

Hope this helps.

René

1 Like

It took me a while until I can actually test this. It did solve the problem.

Thank you.

I am closing this topic since there was no activity in the last 30 days.