SCM installation problem on Windows 10

Hello I am baffled by a faulty installation on Windows. Thus far I’ve tried to reinstall Java and update the jdk environment variable with no success. Here is my log.

2022-02-11 13:59:43,762 INFO - Starting C:\Program Files\Java\jre-11.0.7\bin\java -cp “C:\Users\Johann\Desktop\Workspace\SCM\scm-server\conf”;“C:\Users\Johann\Desktop\Workspace\SCM\scm-server\lib*” -DBASE_DIR=“C:\Users\Johann\Desktop\Workspace\SCM\scm-server” -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dlogback.configurationFile=logging.xml sonia.scm.server.ScmServerDaemon
2022-02-11 13:59:43,845 FATAL - Unhandled exception
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): The system cannot find the file specified.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartCore(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at WinSW.Util.ProcessHelper.StartProcessAndCallbackForExit(Process processToStart, String executable, String arguments, Dictionary2 envVars, String workingDirectory, Nullable1 priority, ProcessCompletionCallback callback, Boolean redirectStdin, LogHandler logHandler, Boolean hideWindow)
at WinSW.WrapperService.StartProcess(Process processToStart, String arguments, String executable, LogHandler logHandler, Boolean redirectStdin)
at WinSW.WrapperService.OnStart(String args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.Run(ServiceBase services)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.Run(ServiceBase service)
at WinSW.Program.Run(String argsArray, IWinSWConfiguration descriptor)
at WinSW.Program.Main(String args)

I will appreciate any assistance, thank you very much.

Hello njdewaal,
Thank you for your interest in SCM-Manager and welcome to myCloudogu! We will look into your issue as soon as possible.

Regards, Philipp

Hello again,
We can reproduce your issue and are currently trying to find a solution.

Regards, Philipp

Hello njdewaal

It seems that resolving the JAVA_HOME environment variable is a problem. The Windows service runs with elevated privileges, so it tries to resolve JAVA_HOME from system environment and not from user environment.

Could you please try to either set a JAVA_HOME variable in your system environment or explicitly set the variable in your scm-server.xml?

<env name="JAVA_HOME" value="C:\Program Files\Eclipse Adoptium\jdk-11.0.14.9-hotspot" />

Regards,
Matthias

I am closing this topic as there has been no activity for more than 30 days.