SCM-Manager v1 migration (namespaces)

Hi All,

We currently use SCM-Manager v1.60 and we’d very much like to migrate to v2.

The issue currently holding us back from doing this is the new namespace concept in v2.

We rely heavily on organizing repositories with multiple levels of sub-namespaces, e.g.

a/b/c/my_repo_1
a/b/my_repo_2
foo/bar/baz/zing/my_repo_3

Here’s where I need some help.

As far as I gather this is no longer possible with v2. We’d be forced to make do with
a single level of namespace for organizing the above, and e.g. convert the rest to a part
of the repo name as such:

a/b_c_my_repo_1
a/b_my_repo_2
foo/bar_baz_zing_my_repo_3

Is this correctly understood?

Is there any way of keeping the multiple levels of namespaces in v2?

Best regards,
Mikkel Sandberg Andersen

1 Like

Hi,
I’m sorry but the multiple levels of v1 can’t be used with v2. The limitation of namespace+name allows us to use the same url for the protocols (hg, svn, git) and the ui, this was not possible with v1. Because we can’t say where the repository name ends and where the ui/protocol sub path starts.

Sebastian

1 Like

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the quick reply.

/Mikkel

Actually, I would like to have this feature back as well. Could it help to use the usual namespace delimiter, a colon “:”, instead of a slash “/”?

Best regards,
Frank

No, i think this would not help, because we have to know where the name of the repository ends and were the path of the protocol starts. A soon as we start to separate the name of a repository with an undefined amount of “/”, we can’t figure out on which url we have to show the repository ui.

I have closed this topic since there was no activity in the last 30 days.