Problems installing 2.31.0 on Windows

I’m having problems running the first startup following installation on Windows. Looking at scm-server.err.log, it’s throwing a ClassNotFoundException for org.apache.commons.lang3.RandomStringUtils.

I’ve tried installing both under C:\Program Files and also under C:\SCM-Manager, and also with Java versions openjdk 16.0.1 2021-04-20 and openjdk 11.0.14.1 2022-02-08.

Is anybody able to help? Please let me know if you need any further information.

I can’t upload the log file, but an extract is below:

Caused by:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.lang3.RandomStringUtils
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppClassLoader.loadClass(WebAppClassLoader.java:538)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
    at sonia.scm.lifecycle.RandomPasswordGenerator.createRandomPassword(RandomPasswordGenerator.java:37)
    at sonia.scm.lifecycle.AdminAccountStartupAction.createStartupToken(AdminAccountStartupAction.java:130)
    at sonia.scm.lifecycle.AdminAccountStartupAction.lambda$initialize$0(AdminAccountStartupAction.java:76)

Thanks for the report. This looks the same as Issue #1958. We will keep you notified!

We released version 2.31.1. Please use this version instead. Thanks again for the feedback!

4 Likes

Works perfectly - many thanks for such a fast response and fix!

2 Likes